|European Trauma Course – The Team Approach to Trauma|
European Trauma Course – The Team Approach to Trauma
The ETC is a 2.5 days “hands-on” course. The novel modular course concept is scenario based and provides state-of-the-art team training through workshops and skill stations, reflecting prevailing European practice.
The scenarios are simulations of typical major trauma admissions in an emergency department/shock-room environment. Up to twenty-four candidates, in teams of four (doctors from all specialties, nurses, and paramedics), are taken through 30 progressive trauma admission scenarios with a strong focus on teamwork, communication and non-technical skills.
The modules cover all major aspects of trauma resuscitation. Two interactive lectures and one faculty demonstration complete the course and keep didactic teaching to a minimum.
Candidate assessment is performed continuously as well as in a summative way at the end of the course.
- The ETC is a joint programme of the European Resuscitation Council (ERC), the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA), the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery (ESTES) and the European Society for Emergency Medicine (EuSEM).
- The ETC is an innovative 2.5 days Life Support course for doctors and other medical health care professionals that are involved in the acute care of major trauma patients.
- ETC provides state-of-the-art trauma training with a strong focus on team work and non-technical skills.
- The ETC is a hands on course where candidates spend 85% of their time practicing in scenario based workshops.
- Candidates are trained in small groups simulating trauma teams working in a shock-room environment.
- The ETC is certified by all partner organisations.